Welcome to the Overseas University Link – University of Leicester Information page;
- The University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. The main campus is south of the city centre, adjacent to Victoria Park
- The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. Students were first admitted to the college in 1921. In 1927 it became University College, Leicester and in 1957 the college was granted its Royal Charter
- Leicester is ranked in the top 25 universities in the Times Higher Education REF Research Power rankings.75% of our research was judged to be internationally excellent with wide-ranging impacts on society, health culture,and the environment.
- The Association of Graduate Recruiters have recognised the University of Leicester as the best institution in the UK with the best initiative to prepare students for the world of work.
- The University has won Times Higher Awards in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2013 for Outstanding Communications Team and Outstanding Fundraising Initiative. We are the only university to win awards in seven consecutive years.
- Leicester has been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education on three occasions – the highest form of national recognition open to a UK academic or vocational institution.
- In August 2015, HSBC announced for the second year running that the University of Leicester is the most affordable destination in Britain for both first and second-year students, according to their research.
- In 2013 our Students’ Union was named HE Students’ Union of the Year in the NUS Awards.
- Strong international student community with students coming from 70 countries, you will be part of an international community and surrounded cultures from across the globe.
- 12% of Leicester’s population are students. This gives the city a young and lively atmosphere. Leicester is the also most affordable city for first-year students (HSBC research).
Archaeology, Art & Film, Banking, Biological sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Criminology, Engineering (Aerospace, Communications, Electronic, General, Mechanical, Software), Finance, Forensic Science, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Media & Communications, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences, Pharmacy, Physics, Politics & International Relations, Psychology, Sociology
|Undergraduate||£14,630 – £18,045 per year|
|Postgraduate||£18,250 – £21,685 per year|
|Accommodation||· Catered £124.60 – £192.50 per week
· Self Catered £85.40 – £174.30 per week
INTAKES: January and September.