Welcome to the Overseas University Link – Kadir Has University information page;
Kadir Has University (KHAS) was founded in 1997, in Istanbul. The university, with its six undergraduate faculties, two graduate schools and two vocational and applied schools, is dedicated to become a leader in Turkish higher education as well as and culture, and strives to become an international center for research and scientific development.
Kadir Has University is the place where history and contemporary Istanbul life blended to create a perfect academic atmosphere. Located in the heart of Istanbul, out main Cibali campus stands on the crossroads of old and new city, only a few minutes away both from the historical Sultanahmet Square and from Taksim- the famous Istanbul’s center of culture, entertainment, business, and shopping. The central location of the University offers an important opportunity for our students to stay connected to the beaming life of Istanbul.
In 2002 the historical Tekel Cibali Cigarette Factory was transformed by the Kadir Has Foundation into the university campus. Now the building combines elegant facades, sunny atria, and large, airy interiors with quality education and research facilities.
However, the central location and modern campus are not the only properties what attract students from all around the world to Kadir Has University. Our distinguishing feature is the educational approach, based on both traditional disciplines and interdisciplinary models. Here at Kadir Has University, we foster knowledge, innovation and creativity. We strive to encourage our students to search for higher truths and help them to prepare for the future.
To help our students become global citizens we:
- use English language medium of education
- implement international standards of quality education
- attract faculty members from internationally respected universities
- offer our students exchange opportunities with prominent foreign universities
- give them an option to receive a dual degree diploma with foreign universities
- foster the freedom of speech
- focus on positive human relations and a democratic environment for intellectual discussion
- give students access to our advanced technological facilities and intellectual resources
- encourage students’ participation in social responsibility projects that contribute to the environment and to society, and motivate them to be responsible citizens
Our ultimate goal is to see our graduates as successful scholars and fulfilled individuals, and true leaders of our society.
Facts & Figures
- Established in 1997
- English Medium of Instruction
- 6 faculties
- 2 Vocational Schools
- 2 graduate Schools
- Lifelong Learning Center
- Located in the downtown Istanbul, on the Golden Horn
- 3 campuses: 1 main and 2 satellite
- 3300 m² Research Area
- 12000 m² Study Area
- 12000 m² Recreation Area
- The Global Compact
- Europa Nostra
- OECD Higher Education Program
- Magna Carta University Observatory
- University EMUNI
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- 5100 Students
- 94% in the undergraduate programs
- 45 countries on campus
- 1:19 Student/Professor Ratio
- 50% with PhD from Abroad
- 15% Full Professors
- Dual diploma programs with Coventry University, IUPUI, Bremen University
- Top up program with NYIT
- 79 Exchange partners from 19 countries in Erasmus Program
- Other exchange destinations
- Summer Schools abroad
Bachelor’s Degree (First Cycle)
|Faculty of Communication
|Faculty of Law
|School of Applied Sciences
|Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
|Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences
|Faculty of Art and Design
Master’s Degree (Second Cycle)
|Graduate School of Science and Engineering
||Graduate School of Social Sciences
Doctorate (Third Cycle)
|Graduate School of Science and Engineering
|Graduate School of Social Sciences
Tuition and Scholarships
KHAS has an extensive scholarship program to support well-qualified international students in their studies at KHAS. 25% to 50% tuition waiver scholarships are available for undergraduate studies.
2015-2016 Academic Year Undergraduate Tuition Fees:
|Faculties/ Schools||Annual Tuition Fee without Scholarship||Annual Tuition Fee with %25 Scholarship||Annual Tuition Fee with 50% Scholarship|
|Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
|Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
|Faculty of Law||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
|Faculty of Communications||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
|Faculty of Art and Design||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
|Faculty of Applied Sciences||10.000,00 $||7.500,00 $||5.000,00 $|
|Kadir Has Vocational School||10.000,00 $||7.500,00 $||5.000,00 $|
|School of Justice||10.000,00 $||7.500,00 $||5.000,00 $|
|Foreign Language Preparatory School||15.000,00 $||11.250,00 $||7.500,00 $|
2015-2016 Academic Year Graduate Tuition Fees:
|Graduate/ Doctorate Programs||Program fee||Fee with %25 Scholarship||Fee with 50% Scholarship||Full Scholarship|
|Post-Graduate Masters – Payment in 2 instalments||11.000,00 $||8.250,00 $||5.500,00 $||Possible|
|Doctorate Programs – Payment in 3 instalments||20.000,00 $||15.000,00 $||10.000,00 $||Possible|
|Integrated Doctorate programs- Payment in 3 instalments||23.000,00 $||17.250,00 $||11.500,00 $||Possible|
Application Calendar and Documents
|Application deadline||Regular Registration||Later Registration|
|31/08/2015||7-8 September 2015||21-22 September 2015
If you are a full time international student, an exchange student or an Erasmus student, coming to study in our undergraduate or graduate programs, your study location will be Cibali Campus. The campus is located in the heart of Istanbul, only a few minutes away both from the historical Sultanahmet Square and from Taksim- the famous center of culture, entertainment, business, and shopping. The central location of the Campus offers our students an opportunity to stay connected to the beaming life of Istanbul.
Cibali Campus is the place where history and contemporary Istanbul life are blended to create a perfect academic atmosphere. In 2002 the historical Tekel Cibali Cigarette Factory was transformed by the Kadir Has Foundation into the university campus. Now the Campus combines elegant facades, sunny atrium, and large, airy interiors with quality education and research facilities.
If you are coming to study in a 2 year associate program, your study location will be Selimpasa Campus, located on the Marmamra Sea shore in Silivri, Istanbul. Our English Language School is located on Bahcelievler Campus.
Kadir Has University offers limited number of dormitory accommodation for international students. Our Residence Halls consist of two separate female and male dormitories. Female dormitory is located in walking distance from the main campus. Male dormitory is located on the other side of Golden Horn, with 15 minute University’s shuttle ride.
Student dormitories feature private or semi-private bathrooms, laundry rooms, cable TV, 24 hour internet access, mini kitchens equipped with refrigerators, microwaves and kettles. Standard room is furnished with bookshelves, single or bunker beds, chairs and private wardrobes.
2015-2016 Academic year dormitory yearly fees:
|ROOM TYPE||CIBALI FEMALE DORMITORIES||HASKÖY MALE DORMITORIES|
|1 Person Room||5.000 USD||5.500 USD|
|2 Person Large Room||4.000 USD||4.250 USD|
|2 Person Small Room||3.500 USD||4.000 USD|
|3 Person Room||3.500 USD|
|4 Person Room||3.150 USD|
Dormitory fees include VAT and are valid for 9 month stay.
Dormitory payment rules:
- Dormitory pre-payment of the half of the yearly accommodation fees is required in order to secure your place. The remaining amount of the accommodation fees is due upon your arrival.
- No fees are refunded if a student decides to leave the dormitory before the end of the relevant academic year.
- Every student, who is intending to stay in the dormitory, is required to pay a 250 USD safety deposit. This deposit amount is fully reimbursed to those leaving the dormitories without causing any harm or damage.