Welcome to the Overseas University Link – Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra Information Page;
- The Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra is a public polytechnic institute of higher education in Coimbra, Portugal
- It was founded in 1979
- IPC Covers a huge diversity of training areas, from agriculture and environment, education, communication, tourism, arts, management, accounting and marketing, to health and engineering.
- The Polytechnic of Coimbra offers Higher Professional Degree Programmes and Vocational Education, Bachelor’s Degrees, Post-graduations and Master’s Degrees, representing a vital part of the city and playing a critical role in local development and national progress.
- Quality education – where the practical component is strongly supported by solid theory training, with a constant concern to adapt training to market demands –, a close connection with companies, incentive to entrepreneurship and internationalisation are central pillars of its education, assuring successful careers to its graduates, as well as high employability rates.
- Social Service is another core organisational unit responding to the students’ needs by means of general support, scholarships, board and accommodation, medical services and sports practice.
- There is a close connection between IPC and local community, in particular with joint projects and initiatives;
- The strong emphasis on entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor Programs: Foundation Program Organic Agriculture, Biotechnology, Forest Sciences & Natural Resources, Crops & Livestock Engineering, Food Technology, Environmental Technology & Management, Tourism, Business Management, Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industry Management & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Informatics Engineering (European Program)
- Masters: Biotechnology, Food Engineering, Inland Tourism, Human Computer Interaction, Business Management, Management Information System, Biomedical Engineering-Joint Programme, Applied Informatics, Biological & Chemical Process, Biomedical Instrumentation, Electromechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial ENG & MGT, Masters in Business Administration
|Foundation||1 year||€ 2600|
|Bachelor||3 years||€ 2600-€ 3100|
|Masters||2 years||€ 2600-€3100|
|Accommodation||Single Room||€75 – €90 per month|
|Double Room||€110 – €130 per month|
|Energy & Water (Including Heating)||€25 – €35 per month|
|Meals (Complete Meal)||€2.3 approx.|