Welcome to Overseas University Link – Polytechnic Institute of Braganca Information page;
- The Polytechnic Institute of Braganca is a Portuguese Public Higher Education Institution embracing a wide range of knowledge and technology.
- IPB has the most qualified teaching staff of the Portuguese Polytechnic Higher education system
- According the U-Multirank, IPB holds the first position of the Portuguese Polytechnics
- Good quality of life, low cost of living and affordable fees
- The surrounding region is well known for its immense historical, cultural and ecological heritage
- The IPB offers all its students, national and international, a unique opportunity to study in a creative and innovative institution; and to take advantage of a unique academic, cultural and ecological environment.
- Diversity and quality of education: The IPB offers more than one hundred academic programmes, including short-cycle technological courses, bachelor and master degree programmes, expressing the successful implementation of the Bologna Process and of the adoption of the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
- The IPB has the most qualified teaching staff of the Portuguese higher education polytechnic system, with 75% of its teaching staff holding a PhD. The IPB is part of the national system of science and technology through the existence of R&D units and branches.
- Academic, cultural and ecological environment: The IPB has 7000 students, who transform the cities of Bragança and Mirandela in centers of academic atmosphere. Bragança and Mirandela also offer an historical and cultural environment (cinema, theatre, music, dance, museums, and libraries). Furthermore, the surrounding region is well known for its immense historical, cultural and ecological heritage, comprising the Montesinho National Park, the International Douro Natural Park, the Protected Area of Azibo, the Sanabria Natural Park (in Spain) and the Alto Douro Wine Region, UNESCO World Heritage region.
- Interculturality and internationalization: The students enrolled at IPB come from several national regions, Europe, and the world. Nowadays the IPB is a multicultural institution, with more than 20% of non-Portuguese students. IPB has an internationalization programme with recognized success, including the annual mobility of more than 900 incoming and outgoing students and 300 teaching staff members, as the result of the collaboration with several higher education institutions from all over the World. Studying at IPB represents a unique opportunity of international mobility, and an asset for the training and employability of our students and alumni.
- International recognition: The IPB belongs to the European Network for Universities of Applied Sciences (UASnet), which main objectives include the transferability of professional skills and the integration of applied research in their professional and technological education mission.
- Bachelors Courses: Chemical and Biological Engineering, Informatics Engineering, International Business Management
- Masters Courses: Biotechnological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Information Systems, Management, Management of Forest Resources
|Bachelors Degrees||3 years||€1090 per year|
|Masters Degrees||2 years||€1090 per year|
Accommodation & Meals:
|Single Room (Ensuite)||€110 – €130 per month|
|Shared Room||€75 – €90 per month|
|Complete Meal at IPB Canteen||€2.3|
Start date: September